Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Turkey Roll Ups

I’ve posted before about Life as a Lofthouse. I love her. She cooks like me. Doesn’t fuss about having all 32 ingredients … takes short cuts … improvises. I can appreciate that. I ain’t not chef. If anything, I’m the most unappreciated short order cook most days.

Anyway, this recipe comes from Life as a Lofthouse. My compliments to her. My kids LOVED it.

turkey roll ups

Here’s what you need:

turkey roll ups 2

Roll Ups:

2 boxes turkey flavored stuffing mix (I prefer Stove Top), prepared according to box
1-2 lbs of good quality sliced turkey breast (I found this at Costco, it was delicious)

Gravy:

1 1/2  TBS bouillon (I prefer Better than Bouillon)
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups milk
2-3 TBS cornstarch

Directions:

Prepare the stuffing according to the instructions on the box. Set aside.

Prepare gravy by bringing bouillon and water to a boil. Combine cold milk and cornstarch in a separate cup/dish/bowl. Once the cornstarch has dissolved and the bouillon mixture is boiling, pour the milk mixture into it, whisking to prevent any lumping. Boil another 2-3 minutes until thickened. Taste and salt and pepper to your liking.

Boil up some frozen peas. Just do it. Make your kids eat green. It’s good for them.

Warm up the sliced turkey breast (I used the microwave, GASP!). Take 2 slices of turkey breast and fill them with stuffing mix and roll up. Ladle gravy on top and serve with peas.

Start to finish? MAYBE 20 minutes. If you’re super easy, don’t even bother rolling them up. HAHA.
Here’s what I did with my leftovers:

turkey casserole

Stuffing on bottom

Then diced up turkey on top of that

Then peas

And gravy on top

I covered it with plastic wrap and the fitted lid that came with the dish and stuck it in the freezer. It will be dinner in a couple weeks. Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment