Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies

I’m not lying. These are the best peanut butter cookies. Ever. No arguments.

peanut butter cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (I always use crunchy)
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients; blend into creamed mixture. Shape into 1-inch balls (I used a Pampered Chef scoop); roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet (who really ever bakes on ungreased no matter HOW greasy the dough is?). Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. No more no less. Do not overcook ... take them out when they are barely golden. Makes about 30 cookies.

Please note: Do not criss cross the fork tines on these cookies. That’s why they’re so chewy and perfect … they aren’t dried out from being pressed down. :D Just stick the unflattened dough balls right on the cookie sheet and bake.
True story: Any time I make this, I 4x the batch. It makes 8 dozen cookies. I ball them all out onto a cookie sheet, freeze the balls, then throw them into a Ziploc bag.

peanut butter cookies 2

Bam. Fresh cookies within 10 minutes whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment