Tuesday, January 29, 2013

3 Packet Roast

There’s a recipe circulating among Pinterest for a 3 packet roast … that one calls for a packet of brown gravy. Dude. I neeeeeever buy brown gravy mix. Like, never. So, I modified the recipe to include onion soup mix instead, since I usually have that in stock. Verdict? This recipe is DELICIOUS. Probably the best roast I’ve ever had.

And, check it: That roast is frozen rock solid. I took the plastic wrap off and rinsed it off … and that was it. LOVING this recipe.

3 packet roast fast cheap and easy1

1 pkg Italian Seasoning

1 pkg Ranch Dressing

1 pkg Onion Soup mix

1 nice big roast

 

Directions:

Mix the three seasoning packets with 1/2 cup water. Pour over [a frozen] roast. Cook on HIGH in the crockpot for at least 8 hours. On HIGH. Don’t start this at noon and expect it to be done for dinner. Start it first thing in the morning. Unless your roast is defrosted … then it probably won’t take as long.

For the last 1 1/2 hours, I threw in a big bag of baby carrots and about 8 quartered potatoes. When it was all finished, I made some gravy out of the broth … with milk and cornstarch. Major. Yum. Y’all.

3 packet roast fast cheap and easy 2

2 comments:

  1. You can put a tablespoon of cornstarch in with all the mixes and it will form a gravy on its own while it cooks. I do the brown gravy one, and it's phenomenal, but this one is really good, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all....CROWD PLEASER! And second, I'm now known for my pot roast. Been using this recipe for literal years and I'll never change it!

    ReplyDelete