Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce

Here’s the deal. I’ll share all my recipes (more like short cuts and secrets) with you if you promise not to laugh at me. I’m not a chef. I’m desperate. ;)

Anyway. Here’s last night’s dinner:

creamy tomato pasta sauce

I sauted up some spinach and cheese ravioli (frozen, from Costco), and cooked up some meatballs (also frozen from Costco, I know. I KNOW.). And made some yummy sauce. And called it good.

Here’s what you need for the sauce:

creamy tomato pasta sauce 2

Your favorite pasta sauce

1/2 cup – 1 cup sour cream (depending on how creamy you like it … mine was creamier than it appears in the picture)

1 tsp Lawry’s garlic salt

1 tsp sugar (not pictured)

 

Directions:

Combine all 4 ingredients in a stock pot … heat through … bam. Delicious creamy pasta sauce that was totally effortless. I use this for baked ziti, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, stuffed shells, etc. It’s my favorite pasta sauce. And, I’m partial to Classico. Just my personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment