Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sobered Up Pork Chops

So, I saw a similar recipe to this on Pinterest … but instead of Ginger Ale, it called for a bottle of beer. And it was called ‘Drunken Pork Chops’. Y’all. Believe it or not, I’ve never bought beer in my life. I’ve never drank it either. I know. Can we still be friends?

sobered up pork chops1 fast cheap and easy

For the crock pot:
8-10 pork chops (I used boneless)
2 cups ginger ale
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 small onion, diced
potatoes and carrots
garlic salt and pepper

For gravy:
3/4 cup milk
2 TBS cornstarch
2 chicken (or pork, if you can find it) bouillon cubes
salt and pepper to taste

sobered up pork chops2

Directions:

First of all, do yourself a massive favor and buy some slow cooker liners. They’ll change your life. Special thanks to my girl, Andrea, for introducing me to them.

Put your pork chops in the crockpot. As always, mine were frozen solid. Shake a little garlic salt and pepper on top of the meat. Throw the diced onion on top. Whisk together to the ginger ale, sugar, and ketchup. Pour it over the top and let it cook for 8 hours on HIGH. For the last 1.5-2 hours, throw in a bag of baby carrots and a few potatoes, cut into bigger chunks.

When the meat is tender, remove all the carrots and potatoes and pour the juices into a sauce pan to make a gravy. Add the bouillon cubes to the juices and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch to the milk and whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Then, pour milk mixture into the broth and whisk to prevent any lumping. Gravy should thicken quickly. If not … repeat the whole milk mixture thing. ;) Salt and pepper the gravy to taste. I added pepper because it was a little sweet.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment