Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pineapple Bread

Y’all have probably figured out by now that I make a lot of ‘bread’. Never regular bread. Never really use yeast. Always seems to have some sort pureed of fruit in it. Well. That’s because I can my own fruit. A lot of it. And … my kids are punks. And they go through cycles of eating my canned fruit and refusing my canned fruit. Which means I have a lot of canned fruit to use … somehow.

So. Behold. I give you Pineapple Bread … It’s delicious. I promise. Party on, y’all.

pineapple bread fast cheap easy

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 cup pureed canned pineapple (drain it then throw it in the blender)

2 cups flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine butter, sugar, eggs, and pineapple using electric mixer. Add cinnamon, soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Then add flour and combine. Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish (that’s the key – ditch your loaf pan!!!), SPRINKLE THE TOP WITH SUGAR, and bake for 25 minutes. Set the timer for 20 minutes and check on it.

* Sometimes I go all crazy and sprinkle it with brown sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment