Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ranch Chicken Salad

Okay, so I didn’t actually use chicken in my recipe … I diced up the left over pork chops from a couple nights before. (Oh. Yes. I. DID.) They were tender. And they look like chicken. And my kids didn’t care. Waste not, want not.

Here’s what you need:

ranch chicken salad fast cheap and easy1

1 1/2 cups diced chicken (or leftover pork chops ;)

1/2 ish cup mayo

1/2 ish packet of ranch dressing mix

1/2 cup diced green pepper (or celery, or cucumber … whatever you have)

ranch chicken salad fast cheap and easy2

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and let rest in fridge for 1 hour, so that the herbs in the dressing sort of marinate and soften. Serve on rolls, a French loaf, sandwich bread, lettuce wraps, pita chips … whatever you’ve got! My kids LOVED this. But, then again … they are Texans … and would probably dip a boot in Ranch dressing and eat it.

Enjoy, y’all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment