Saturday, February 23, 2013

Easy Korean Pork (or Chicken) BBQ

Alrighty. All you fast, cheap, and easy people … if you haven’t already done so, I would like to encourage you to check out the condiment aisle at Target. Specifically, Target’s ‘Archer Farms’ brand. Why? Because they don’t throw nasty garbage like high fructose corn syrup into their condiments and sauces. Can we all just agree to boycott anything with high fructose corn syrup in it? Please?!

korean pork bbq

Okay. So … I decided to try the Korean Style Barbecue sauce … um … it’s good. Real. Good. But, it’s a little spicy. My kids ate it, but had to grabs drinks of water in between each bite. I did add a few TBS of brown sugar to it, which I think helped the heat. But, it’s good, people. I promise. Here’s what you need (+ brown sugar):

korean pork bbq fast cheap easy 2

1 cup Korean style barbecue sauce

1 cup cooked, diced pork (I used leftovers that I diced up and froze from a couple weeks ago because I’m sneaky like that)

1 pkg chow mein noodles

1 bag sugar snap peas

2-3 TBS brown sugar

1 small onion, diced (if you have it … I was out)

 

Directions:

In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute diced onion and pork together. Add bbq sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes so the meat can soak in the flavor. While it’s simmering, add the chow mein noodles to a pot of boiling water (they take 3 minutes to cook, literally). After the meat has simmered for about 5 minutes, add in the bag of snap peas and heat throughout (about 2 minutes). Drain noodles and throw them into the skillet. Toss to fully coat noodles with sauce. Serve with a tall glass of water (it’s not that hot, but it does have a kick). Super yummy. Stupid easy.

korean pork bbq

No comments:

Post a Comment