Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How to make boxed potatoes taste like HOMEMADE

I loooooooooooove mashed potatoes. But I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate peeling potatoes. I hate that the whole process to make mashed potatoes takes at least an hour, start to finish. So, I reserve REAL mashed potatoes for special dinners (Sunday dinner, holidays, etc.)

During the week, run-of-the-mill dinners get boxed mashed potatoes. Now. I haaaaate boxed mashed potatoes probably more than I hate peeling potatoes. So, I had to find a way to make them taste yummy. Here is my secret …

boxed potatoes like homemade

First of all … I’m not vouching for any brand or kind of potato other than these babies. I’m sure Idahoan makes some other yummy potatoes, but these are the ones I use. Here’s what you’re gonna need:

boxed potatoes like homemade2

2 – 4.1 oz pkgs of Idahoan Baby Reds
1 cup sour cream
2 cups milk
1 cup water
1 TBS bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon)

Bring water, milk, and bouillon to an almost boil (scald it, you don’t want to boil that milk). Then add in the sour cream and let it come back to scalding. Dump in the potatoes and stir until well incorporated. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve. I promise … you won’t miss the other 55 minutes of work you saved. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment